Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent Calendar - Dec. 10, Christmas presents

Today's Geneabloggers Advent Calendar prompt brought back a childhood memory. One Christmas morning, I woke up and went to the living room to find what Santa had left me under the tree. At our house, Santa's gifts were never wrapped, but they were set up, assembled and sort of set out in display style.

My Santa gift that year was a Mission Control Center! I was a big fan of the Six Million Dollar Man, and this little facility had a blow-up, clear dome over a space-age looking cardboard set. You could hook up wires, change out pictures in the display screen - no batteries required, back then!

I don't remember which I got that same year, but over time I acquired the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman dolls, and Oscar Goldman and his exploding briefcase!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great new resource for finding early books that may help with your Genealogy efforts. http://www.kirtasbooks.com. The will digitize on demand any book amongst the over 770K books they have available.