Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Waiting on a train ...





I've been waiting for a train, but not this one.


This is a freight train, and I'm waiting for a freight shipment, but it's coming on Amtrak.











I finally got the call and drove to the Greensboro depot. The depot is lovely, with high ceilings and lots of woodwork.


People were rushing to catch the train, or waiting on the wooden benches.










I thought this was a rare sight — then read the sign that said the phones had been removed.


Phone booths: Bring your own phone.






Finally. The morning train departed and the man at the ticket counter could look for my shipment. He found it way in the back, a whole pallet with my name on it!


We managed to load it all into my trusty Ford SUV.


Boxes and boxes, what could it be?


I'll give you a hint: it's for the bookstore!

Newsletter subscribers will be the first to know. You can sign up on the right side of this page (in web mode) or go here and scroll down.

No comments: