Saturday, August 22, 2009

A book in hand ...

Just got a copy of Deep River Friends: A Valiant People, by Cecil E. Haworth. It's the revised edition, 2009 date inside, so shiny and new! Amazing to have a book that I helped proofread and see some of the changes that were made since I saw the manuscript.

The book I edited this summer, a collection of Quaker biographies, is still in the early stages. May meet with the author next weekend.

I finally got back to my own manuscript this weekend, using Holly Lisle's One-Pass Manuscript Revision techniques, http://ow.ly/b4pa
I love how she says that you can fidget around with your revisions for years, but real authors FINISH BOOKS. So this week I did the first few steps, deciding what my theme was and drafting a high-level blurb (that was hard! still not satisfied with the blurb). Next step, start slashing up the chapters/scenes ...

No comments: