Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Barking up the wrong street

My primary mission on this trip is to fill in the details of my family story, including sisters and their families, of whom I didn't take much notice last time. However, like any obsessed genealogist, I'm always looking to fill in the family tree; as in finding someone's parents and going back another generation. Today I ran into the Holmes family, in Limerick or Dublin I think, because they had a daughter named Mary. Mary Holmes is my ancestor and I don't know her parents' names. But then I saw the list of deaths, and this Mary died young. As a matter of fact, several of the children died, and then their mother. There's no mention of the father's death in these records. I suspect that after so much tragedy he must have moved away.

No comments: