Saturday, April 07, 2012

Please excuse the mess

The Travels with Books blog is looking a little... different, today. It all started with this morning's April Platform Challenge, just a "simple" task: to add sharing options to my blog.

Well, it wasn't so simple. After hitting my head against the proverbial wall for an hour this morning and then trying again at lunchtime, I learned that my old Blogger template just wasn't compatible with these fancy new gadgets. I'd been meaning to update my page, anyway, so I chose this wider, newer format.

It's like moving furniture around your living room — you can't stop with just one thing. I've been shuffling links and widgets around, but they're not quite where I want them, yet. Since I post a lot about history, I want to change the background to one of my photos from Ireland. Blogger says my photo must be at least so big, but every time I try to upload it, Blogger tells me it's too big.  *sigh*

I think I've had enough design fun for today. More tweaking to come.

No comments: