Thursday, October 01, 2015

Getting excited!

I need a vacation to get ready for my vacation.

In less than two days I'll be on the road, fulfilling one of my bucket-list dreams of travelling across the country in my little camper!!

imperfect webcam photo
Earlier this week, I camped for one night with my sister and her friends at a local park. Between busyness and deluges of rain, I hardly prepared at all. I didn't put water in the camper tank, take chairs or even my camera. I did take my favorite pillow, a jar of good water, coffee and my coffee press. And a toothbrush. What else do you need?  :-)

I'm so excited I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't sleep. Packing is far from finished, but I've accomplished major car maintenance and home electrical work this week, so my housesitter will be able to find the kitchen at night. Light is good.

My sweet coworker gave me a care package of road food today. I don't have any audiobooks so I might have to write books in my head or sing show tunes (aren't you glad you're not traveling with me?). Tomorrow is packing and errand day, despite the predicted monsoon.

Thanks to all of you who are praying for safe travels and good times.

What's that sound? *scratch, scratch* There's a fuzzy face behind the glass in my entertainment center. What's that, Amelia? *scratch, scratch* Amelia is reminding me to take an emergency DVD player. In case of rain.

No comments: