Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Driving off into the sunset

Just a quick note to let everybody know I'm all right, as of Wednesday, Oct. 14. I've been driving most of the time, with little wi-fi and even less down time. I expect I'll be really off grid the next few days as I reach the Grand Canyon.

---

Driving into the sunset ain't what it's cracked up to be. You can't see! I'm very thankful for my new sunglasses. This must be why famous cowboys are all squinty-eyed.



Saturday was a long day, driving from eastern Louisiana to central Texas, finishing up on two dirt roads and a wooden bridge.







I spent Sunday with friends, including a visit to Waco, Texas.





Monday was back on the road. I made it to my next destination in New Mexico in time to relax a little and go downtown for a Mexican dinner.

No comments: