Saturday, March 06, 2010

Hittin' the road

I enjoyed reading the genealogy blogs this week, and would like to visit even more of them. However, I realized that I didn't spend any time working on my own blog. I did write a few paragraphs for my historical novel. With about 77,000 words in the file, I'm at the stage where I need to write more missing scenes to add transitions, add description for people and places, research some of those missing scenes (genealogy) - and then cut, cut, cut.

This week I also helped a cousin work on an "emergency family history" for her vacation next week. We may work on it some more later - our family history of bird dog trainers and hunting in the Piedmont, N.C.

I reluctantly lay my genealogy aside for the coming week - but only for another trip! This time I'm traveling light, going with a group of volunteers to Louisiana, where people still don't have homes in Hurricane Katrina-affected areas.

No comments: